Monday, August 8, 2011

Mahvelous Meal Monday!

Howdy folks!  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend...now what to make for dinner?!

As you know, fish is a super important food to include in your diet.  Salmon happens to be a favorite of mine, and it's a superfood!  The omega 3 fatty acids are good for your heart, and eating salmon twice a week can help with joint health, brain development and functionality, and may even ward off certain types of cancer.  So there's my pitch for salmon!

This is one of my favorite quick and easy meals from SELF Magazine that I've been making for years.  Most of these items will keep in your pantry for at least a few months, and the fresh produce will only set you back a few bucks.

Salmon Cakes with Garlic-Spinach Saute

I prep the salmon cakes during one of Baby C's naps, and then I only need about 7 minutes to fry them up and saute the spinach when it's time for dinner!  I start my rice cooker when my husband's on his way home from work and the meal comes together in the perfect amount of time.

Sorry for the lack of pictures - it gets eaten too quickly!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment