Monday, August 1, 2011

Mahvelous Meal Monday!

Happy Monday, friends!  Time for another quick, easy and healthy meal!

I love gnocchi.  Like really, really love gnocchi.  Whenever I go to an Italian restaurant, I'll order their gnocchi 8 out of 10 times (maybe I'll order the special or a really yummy sounding ravioli the other 2 times).  So imagine my delight when I noticed a package of gnocchi in Trader Joe's during my weekly grocery shopping trip!  I found this great recipe from Eating Well, so I assume it's pretty healthy.  The gnocchi was $3 for the pack and the other dinner supplies came to another $3.  It made 3-4 servings, so it was perfect for a light lunch the next day.

Gnocchi with Zucchini  Ribbons and Parsley Brown Butter

I was able to prep the zucchini ribbons (super easy to make with a plain ol' vegetable peeler) and cherry tomatoes during Baby C's nap time.  I omitted the parsley, too.  All in all, this recipe probably took 15 minutes to put together and it was so delicious!  I paired it with a glass of pinot grigio and a simple salad.  Looks pretty yummy, right?


 

1 comment: