Thursday, September 15, 2011

My (Fictional) Mom Role Model

Not that I need a pretend person to model myself after.  I have PLENTY of amazing parents in my life that I admire for how they raise their children.  But if I were to pick my favorite made-up mom, it wouldn't be June Cleaver.  Or Carol Brady.  Or Cindy Walsh.  It would be Claire Dunphy from "Modern Family".



If you're not watching "Modern Family", do yourself a favor and get on it.  It is one of the funniest shows in the past decade, maybe longer.  Claire is the Dunphy matriarch - she is a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids and married to Phil, a kooky but totally lovable guy.  What I love about Claire is that she seems like a real mom.  She loves her family, but admits when they drive her completely insane.  She's tightly wound and neurotic, she gets frustrated, and she doesn't always make the right choices.  I love Claire for all that she represents - that perfection is overrated.  Husbands, children and families aren't perfect.  You should stop trying to be perfect, too.  Check out Claire going a little bananas on her husband Phil...would you see Carol Brady make a mess like that in her kitchen?      



My Claire moment recently - yelling at my husband that I wanted to spend some time having fun.  He TOTALLY wanted to go have fun after that conversation.  It's all in the delivery, folks...

Do you have a TV role model?  Who is it and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment