Monday, September 19, 2011

Mahvelous Meal Monday!

Happy Monday friend-os!  Sorry I haven't done one of these in awhile - I was on vacation, then it was Labor Day weekend, then I was busy...yada yada yada.  Excuses, I know.

Anyhow, I love Real Simple.  If I could pick one magazine that I wish my life looked like, it would be Real Simple.  Good food, nice clothes, clean houses... sounds just about perfect.  Doesn't just looking at the cover give you a zen-like feeling?


One of my favorite recent recipes comes from Real Simple.  And it's just that - really, really simple and really, REALLY delicious.

Grilled Spiced Chicken with Chickpeas


This recipe was fantastic because most things I already had on hand (except parsley, which I omitted anyway because it's not my fave) and it literally took 10 minutes to prep and 20 to cook on the grill.  I prepped the chickpeas and the chicken while Baby C slept and still had time to do laundry, er, catch up on "Keeping Up with the Kardashians".  For shame, I know.  Another change I made was adding feta cheese to the chickpea salad and putting it on some mixed greens - gotta get the veggies in, right?  Plus, this is a healthy, cheap meal (all in all, it comes to about $3 a serving).

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment