Monday, January 23, 2012

Mahvelous Meal Monday!

Hi all! A little late, but better late than never, right? I haven't done a mahvelous meal in awhile, and I thought I'd share one of my recent Pinterest faves (are we Pinterest buddies?! Find me here) - baked chicken fingers!

I pinned this recipe from Sweet Pea's Kitchen (a great food website to discover - again, thanks Pinterest!), and it's super easy! Get the recipe here!

While Baby C took her afternoon nap, I prepped pretty much everything: the flour mixture, the egg white mixture, and toasted the panko breadcrumbs. I also sliced 2 chicken breasts into tenders and made a salad. I waited until dinnertime was near to actually bread the chicken. I used a fantastic Asian peanut dressing from Trader Joe's (my all time favorite grocery store) for the dipping sauce, but it would be just as yummy with whatever you choose (bbq, honey mustard, ketchup, etc).  Prep time (including a salad) was about 15 minutes, and about 10 minutes to bread the chicken.


The result: YUM! So good! There were also quite a few leftover chicken fingers for lunch - bonus! Plus,  baked chicken fingers are a much healthier alternative to fried. Toasting the panko gave it a great crunch, so you don't even miss the fried-ness.

Any yummy recipes you'd like to share? Let me know and they can be featured next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment